Time to stir things up a bit.

dogmatix

About 1 or 2 months ago my tunze 9015 skimmer crapped out, a used an mce 600 for about 4 weeks which worked great.

All the stock is healthy, but i have had all sorts of cool algae appear and one uncool sort BRYOPSIS i now have a new hydro foamer for the tunze and have restored my skimmer from the sump of death that i scored from work an aqoua medic marin 1000 (turbofloater 1000 Skimmer)

The one good thing is all the algae is helping the tangs i rescued from work one with mild HLE (tomini tang) and a blue with sever HLE

So tommorow i will install both skimmers, remove all sand and do a 150 litre water change.

I plan to put pics up of before the clean etc.

Some of the rocks with bad bryopsis i plan to remove with the sand clhorinate both and recycle then re use will this be ok ?

Ben

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did a big clean out, left my sand in though.

Drained the sump, its amazing how much crud ends up in there.

Skimmer is going nuts after the big stir up.

The only thing is I took out too much water and now the systems running a bit low :oops: :oops:

Come on RODI, you can do it :lol:

Also what is HLE?

Have you got phosphate remover installed.

If it was me and you plan on putting the sand back in some time I wouldn't leave it out or you will have problems when you do put it back in.

Just give it a good clean and put it back OR go BB for good.

I have good results with vodka as long as you don't go past the recommended dose.

HAVE FUN :D

Look for to more pics :o

photos photos photos, i know after the dust settles. :roll:

mush be looking good though, have you tested your water parameters? no3 po4?

did you manage to get all the sand? im keen to have a go with bb but i will see what you think and go from there. :wink:

Cheers, looks like one i know but its definately not, the person i got it from thinks its a BTA that hybridised with a diferent colour he has, he's got one huge one and 6 the size of tennis balls. Im thinking if its not E. quadricolor it he might have it wrong and its H. magniffica but i dont know this splits asexually or not.

both skimmers are going sweet ill tune the tunze to run a little darke but it will still run wet and my AM will run dry

IMG_1064.jpg

Doing 180 litres today, one interesting thing is since the water change adding the first skimmer AM and dosing one amp of both bio digest and biooptim the bryopsis has started to brown off and DIE :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: