clown knife

A.PROPHECY

does anyone kno wer i can get myself a clown knife for a resonable price?

i havnt seen thm around much..

i alredy have one but its got sum kind of growth on its chin like a ball ,not that atractive ... and dont think i can remove it :(

so yea im on the look out for a better one in good shape

plz let me kno if you have one for sale or kno how much they are

:D cheerz

they got some in hollywood 3 kings. they also have a few ghost knifes and a African Black Knife which is really brown when u compare to the ghost knife but u dont normally see them around the LFS.

not sure on price but u can always call up and ask which saves u a trip.

was in holly wood on the shore yesterday they have a baby one and also a half growen one too.. so go have al ook there dont know what the price. why dont u try finding out whats wrong with your guy and medicate it? also if u get a new one what u going to do with the old one?

ill sell my old one if i can find a new one,

and nar i dont think theres any medication for a growth like this...

people from the monster fish forums rekon its from glass swimmimg like just rubing itself against the glass to much..... :-?

it just looks like a growth ,and i dont think that can be removed.....

any suggestions?

i am not sure i am with u on this A.PROPHECY, getting a new one to replace the old one just because he developed a growth seem pretty mean. why not talk to ur local vet and see what can be done if its just a growth i am sure it can be surgically removed. :D

yea seems sad replacing him and all but i duno i just like all my fish to be in good health, and i rely like clowns , so id like a nice looking one for my collection, altho theres nothn wrong health wise with my clown, its just that i dnt like the look of it ..... its not evn that bad i spose i ges im just picky... lol

and do you think vets do lil things like that? ,mite cost a fair bit , but maybe worth finding out

yep i am sure they would and shouldn't cost more than a new fish :D. i see where ur coming from but a new "better looking" one is not going to be the same. they all have their personalty especially big fish.

just dont want u to do anything u will regret. its a pet after all u wouldn't do it to ur cat or dog right? [assuming u have one or the other]

o i brought him witout known it had the lump, how was i ment to kno lol!

but when i got ther to pik the clown up i noticed the lump and the dude made up some story about it bein the jaw dislocating, which oviously is a lie!

lol yea i spoze he is special .... lol! dont make me feel sory for him!

Our one has a funny jaw. I don't know what happened its almost like hes rubbed it along the stones and the under side of his jaw (almost looks like another mouth) pokes out now. He has been like it for a few of months it never gets fungus or anything. I thought it might heal over time but doesn't seem to be improving. He is perfectly fine, he still has a great appetite and doesn't seem to care so neither do I.

• 2 weeks later...

o sounds the same as mine northland chic, dnt fink we can remove it ay

ill keep him for now i spose , lol giv him a chance ay :D

maybe the lump wont grow with the fish?

and when the clown gets bigger ... the lump will still be the same size as it is now :wink:

lol wel hope so what u think ?

i am not too up on fish and scar tissue :lol: oscars often get 'callus' type things which are just from rubbing against stones, glass etc, do you know if your clown does this? if the callus was frequently irritated by more digging etc it might turn into scar tissue (if thats possible) also if he ever hurt himself it might have healed and the scar left a little bump. if it hasnt gone away i would assume that it will stay there, it might get worse or better, theres not really any way to be 100%. its easy to see scars on the actual fishes body but its probably a bit harder to tell for sure if the lump is or isnt

i know its not much help lol :lol:

lol wel i havent seen him scrap on the rocks or nethn but may hav with the previous owner, the lump looks healed and the skin is not broken or scrathed on it.... lol

my oscar just swam into a rock last week and now hes got a lil lump jus unda his lip lol! man my fishes and lumps lol just my luck

• 2 months later...

My large clown jumped a lot at night, quite often woke us up as he slammed into the top of the fish tank and lifted the lid!!!! ... occasionally he did damage himself but he healed quickly.

If you want them to grow quicker I recon mine grew proportionally to the abount of like food consumed! Also helped healing!