Piranha

Jacko

some get offended some dont. i beleive that mouse should have been killed first but thats just my opinion. sure its gross but some people dont have a problem with it and thats fine, personally id rather feed humans to pirahna than mice but once again its opinion. this video has been slapped on many many boards and often causes alot of controversy, i think ive locked and deleted three posts including this link in the few months i have been modding on an oscar site cause it just causes problems.

Now that statement would cause a few posts to be deleted I'm sure too ;)

Jacko it's without a doubt more ethical to feed something that doesn't feel pain compared with something that does, I don't think anyone (sane) would disagree with that.

I think most people would be disturbed by that kind of cruelty, where do you draw the line? Putting a cat in there? Some people don't have a problem with murdering either, but the majority says they should be in jail, so they are.

THAT WAS AWESOME WHO CARES ITS A MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyle

LOL thats the spirit....

IMO,I personaly think feeding something like a live animal like that to such 'beasts' is cruel because of the things stated earlier about them fealing pain whilst dying. if a human, Quickly and eficiently killed it then fed it, it wouldnt be as bad because it wouldnt feel pain.

I still think it is bad to feed mice to them as they are kept as pets by many people.

If it was a huge rat, then i would think diferently.....

Rogan

Feeding a mouse to piranha is no real different from feeding guppies to an oscar, except you dont see the guppy get ripped up, it just disappears. So the event itself is fine with me, but I think its natural (and good) to have a negative reaction to visually seeing an animal pulled apart.

Some people get a kick out of that image, and that is worrying for obvious reasons, but the use of mice as food itself doesn't bother me.

I do beleive that when feeding live food the food should be at least unconcious though but really I'm sure much worse things happen to mice in the wild, just a reality of the world unfortunately. If I was that mouse, I'd much rather be ripped apart in seconds than slowly dissolved inside a snake or something.

ill spend my time trying to combat dog fighting, setting fire to animals, shooting them without intention to kill, throwing bricks at em, putting them in microwaves etc instead of worrying about that, thats a quick death compared to some of the stuff i have witnessed (dying over days, months/years of torture). i dont like watching animals die but theres far more worthy causes involving animals than that (how about bears used for bile?) i think id rather see 1000 animals be killed in 30 seconds or less than 1000 animals tortured for long periods of time, specially when you see their pleading eyes :cry:

people that get a kick out of it deserve the same fate IMO

oh and jono- good point bout O's being fed guppies (oscars dont eat alot of fish naturally either). you dont see the fish being torn up but if you listen you can most certanly hear him being killed, oscars have pharangel (sp) teeth, like ribs with spikes in their throats and they use these to munch up their food, it sounds quite cool when they eat hard pellets :lol:

Actually Mystic I had an interesting talk with the vet about this a few months ago.

Apparently its well documented that domestic rats and mice are generally ignored by cats and dogs because they are used to them and they dont tend to fright-flight around them. Although if you watch your cats they will perk up in interest when the rats fight or run around the cages.

Our cat is a ratter and has been known to bring home the odd hare and rabbit, but the rats regard him as a plaything to climb over.

That poor mouse :cry: They are becoming a nuisance though, one just won't leave one of my avairies, no harm now as the birds are out, costing me a fortune in seed though. :lol: I do hate cats though, they have killed around $1000 of my birds in the past which is a lot of after school work for me :x If only there was some control over them, they have killed one of my favourite breeding pair of a rare strain aswell. Anyway, can't help those owners that don't care about stopping their natural instincts from happening, it is annoying :x:x:x

Enough groaning from me :D:D:D:D:D