saltwater storage

chimera

just bought me one of these 1000 litre tanks off trademe

20995309_full.jpg

anyone else use them? how do you find them? i figure i can fill it up then use it gradually over several months. im just working out how i can get it under my house :D either that or i weld it to an old trailer i got and use it for water collection

Hi, I use them. Can get them free from work. Just have to rince them thoroughly but so far works really good. I use 2 x 200L drums to collect the water and the 100L bulky to store it.

Just got myself a 2000 gallon/hr bilge pump to fill the drums. looking forward to try it (will be soon there the bulky is empty).

When you get it, Suphew, we should get you to collect water and then deliver it to everyone around Wellington to fill up their supply.:)

Actually now that I've mentioned it, that's not a bad idea, you could probably supply like 3 people. I'd be happy to pay you a fair price for the water and your time.

You can get them from Advance Adhesives in Manakau for $20 each

Argh!

Can get them free from work

Arghhhhhhhh!

got it for $110 off trademe. still think its not too bad a price - and it didnt have PVA in it at least :lol: food grade and in good condition supposedly. now i just gotta cut the roof off my landcruiser, slide the tank in then weld the roof back on again :lol:

picked it up today, funnily enough from medchem. had glysterine in it - pretty much brand new in mint condition. going to put this one under the house for saltwater storage - especially considering how crap the weather has been lately, when you cant collect NSW its a real pain. considering getting a 2nd and welding to a trailer now for collecting - hard part is finding a small but cheap trailer with strong enough springs to handle over a ton in weight. anyone got one for sale? chassis needs to be in good condition, not worried about the deck or sides as i'll be ripping these off