Another Hi From Tauranga

sharronpaul

Hi, we're Paul and Sharron from Tauranga.

We have a medium-sized breeding setup and have been fishkeeping for a couple of years.

Thanks to the organisers of the first meeting of the Western Bay Aquarium and Pond club/society that we went today. Was great to meet like-minded enthusiasts.

See you all again soon

Hi Guys, and thanks for your reply.

It was a reasonable turn-out for a first meeeting - about 12 or 13 people in total. As it was the first meeting, there was the usual nominations, however it escapes me who was elected as I only knew half of the people there. Sharn will know, she seemed to have it under control.

I do quite like the idea of the FNZAS breeding programme. We have a few tanks underway so hope to be able to be helped out with some and help others out also.

Hi Carol,

I think that was one of the first things on the agenda, and I'm fairly certain that we are to be affiliated with NZFAS.

I think some of the attendees have been or are members of other fish clubs/NZKA etc so they had that under control from the start.

Cheers,

Paul

ahhhh paul! it was you that were the breeders!! good to see ya there, sounds like youve got some knowledge behind ya :) its 99% certain we are affiliating when we get all the subs in which are due next meeting.

now ive got a real bad memory, i could only just remember what i was (breeding co-ordinator for out my way and signature holder person) :lol: paul57 is the president, hazel is secretary, jane is treasurer, rogan is editor, ant is the tga side of the breeding co-ordinators and thats all i can remember :oops:

it was a great turn out, much more than we expected so we are very pleased that weve finally got things on the road and i look forward to getting to know everyone better and sharing some of this knowledge around :bounce:

That was an excellent result Sha.

Good to see you guys are sussing out the Breeding Award so well, especially with having two co-ordinators,

one in each catchment area, kewl.

By the way, tell your fish to hold of having babies, as you have to be a member of an affiliated club before they will qualify.

Those of you that belong to a club, eg, NZKA, already qualify for breeding award benefits.

Alan 104

hey sharron...

one of the angels i got off you is a bit of a runt because hes alot smaller than the other two but hes my favourite....

they are all Meat-axes when it comes to food though... they push all my other fish out of the way and eat it all lol (not quite like that but yea!!!)

Its good that you have joined the forums

Rogan

We've got a whole heap of danios (zebra/leopard/pearl), bolivian rams, pearl gourami, std kribensis, convicts, and some paradise fish hopefully soon, as well as some banded gourami (colisa fasciata). Got 40 tanks in use, and have mothballed another 4 300L as haven't got stock for them at the mo, plus we have our small community tank upstairs.

PM us and come and have a look if you like.

He he he... Our community tank is only 160ltr. Our growout room (1st room) is all 240L, the 2nd room is a mix of 60,100 and 130L and the 3rd room is all 60 and 130L.

Will try and get some photos but it's a time thing. It takes an hour morning and night just to feed.

Always wanted a bigger community tank, but unfortunately I'm outvoted :(