beachy's tank(so far)

beachy

Beachy there are lower light corals you could easily stock that tank with the lighting you've got.

How much flow you got?

I have an

Aquaclear 201- 480ltr hr

Aquaclear 301- 660ltr hr

ocean runner 2000, but not much flow after going through the skimmer.

How does that sound? seems like there is good flow, but prob could do with a bit more.

Does it look a little cluttered? its just that i thought being a tall tank i would stack the base rock quite high, and no sump to put any in either.

Doesn't look cluttered to me. I think you've done about the best you can do for that shape of tank.

About the only other option is what some people do, put a mounting rack down the back so they can put rocks straight up the back, or in varoius patterns, but what you've done looks fine!

Looks good.well set up i know how hard it is to get all the gear on a small system and still look nice.

Thanks Skuzza, i would like to add another power head and hang a m/halide from the roof, and thats hopefully it for equipment.

I have to say thanks to everyone here for there great advice also :hail: , call me spongbob, i'm trying to soak up as much info as possible :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, got a Metal halide fixture today :bounce: , thanks Jetskisteve :hail:

So i thought i would be a noter, and post a pic.

I have wanted to get a metal halide since i first started keeping fish, and never have. I wish i did now, what a major improvment, not just in light, but overall look of the tank to.

Im gonna go to bed with arc eye tonite from looking at it to much :lol:

What would be good hours to run the light at? its on 12hrs now, but i have a feeling thats to much, especially since i dont have corals yet.

tankwithhalide21yu.jpg

tankwithhalide39fc.jpg

Its an Aquamedic Ocean 150, 150 watt 14000k bulb. It was sitting quite close to the water but i moved it up(to much heat), and it still lights up the tank great. I can see into all the nooks and crannies, that i couldnt see before.

sweet :) i think @ 8 hrs seems to be the norm, if their could ever be a norm in this game 8) seem to remember talk of a trend esp overseas to reduce hrs somewhat to the benefit of the corals. someone experienced chime in here............. 8)

Beachy is the pump running the skimmer the only flow in the tank?

I have an aquaclear 20 400ish ltrs an hour which runs the surface skimmer, and an aquaclear 301 600ish ltrs an hour, still need more though.

Bought a couple of nova sicce pumps from mitre 10 the other day($5.50 each), 800 ltrs hr, thought i would put them in, but they are too noisy.

Just have to use them for turning over ASW, in the garage.

Now you've got plenty of light, you'll be looking at high light type corals, most of them also need a lot of flow, more than you have currently. More flow also helps with cyano, and helps keep the tank clean generally.

Bought a couple of nova sicce pumps from mitre 10 the other day($5.50 each), 800 ltrs hr, thought i would put them in, but they are too noisy.

man those things are garbage :( i have 3 of them, but only use them to stir ASW

tank lookin sweet man, i give you about 6 months before you go bigger though :)

Now you've got plenty of light, you'll be looking at high light type corals, most of them also need a lot of flow, more than you have currently. More flow also helps with cyano, and helps keep the tank clean generally.

Thanks wasp, i will be beefing up the flow, cant wait to get some nice corals.

Ha ha Beachy, you can't have your old one back.

Tanks looking great. Yours that is, still working on mine.

Thanks Mason, and yea my old tank would have been perfect :lol: youl have to put up some pics when its up and running:D