Speed's Tank

speed

I've been in this forum since the start of this year and has/had learnt a lot from reading the posts here. Thanks for all the ppl who has helped me out and pointing me to the right directions. This is my 1st attempt in keeping marine/reef tank. I had previously kept and bred discus back in my country, almost started a discus tank here. :D

The tank's dimension is 800 X 350 X 450 (120L). So yea i will still regard this as a nano/small tank. It's running on 1X150W MH with 2X24W PC, Aquamedic Biostar Flotar HOB skimmer with a 2000LPH aquamedic pump (huge ass), HOB filer with surface skimmer attached and running rowaphos in there.

Tank has been set up for 3 months now, diatoms blommed twice and had some cyanos but all has disappeared now. I've just re-aquascaped my tank 2 days ago, so some of the corals look a bit yucky... Anyway enjoy the pics!

Testing0222.jpg

Testing0872.jpg

Testing0662.jpg

Testing3801.jpg

Well when I saw it, you had everything you need, without a sump. That's also what I'm planning on doing next time around.

You've even trained the tang to stand on his head! :D

How are you hosting the pics? Photobucket?

Well when I saw it, you had everything you need, without a sump. That's also what I'm planning on doing next time around.

You've even trained the tang to stand on his head! :D

How are you hosting the pics? Photobucket?

Yup! i even trained it to jump on the substrates with his head on the ground :roll: yea i use photobucket. I think it's this forum that automatically resize it for you am i wrong?

speed - I really like this tank. I like the uncluttered clean look, and works well for the size of the tank.

Do you miss not having a sump? I'm weighing up whether or not I go for the sump option on a 75 litre tank?

Beutiful photographs btw. What Camera do you use?

Ah... I've resized these images so they are under 100k. Thanks for the tip! These pics should look better now. For all those who wanna know what camera i used. It's Canon EOS350D with 18-55mm lens. Same as Reef's camera. The camera is new and i only started to play around with it on Monday, it's hard to get a clean sharp photos as i can't increase the shutter speed more than 120 due to the lighting of the tank. Can't afford a macro lens now, well i can but not willing to spend $900+ on one at the moment yet. This tank setup already costed me heaps!

Testing1284.jpg

Testing3212.jpg

Testing3373.jpg

Testing0843.jpg

speed - I really like this tank. I like the uncluttered clean look, and works well for the size of the tank.

Do you miss not having a sump? I'm weighing up whether or not I go for the sump option on a 75 litre tank?

Beutiful photographs btw. What Camera do you use?

Ahh.... another nano tank, great tank and great pictures too!! for a 75L tank i think without a sump is good. Just do more water changes?!? Yea i should have a sump to hide the big pump and the heater and also it surface skims too without needing to purchase a surface skimmer.

Hi Speed, glad to see you finally on the forum! Your tank looks awesome. I thought you stole my Hammer coral when I saw the pic. Looks exactly like mine!!! :D

You're doing well. Still gotta go to Ben's and grab a frag of Bubble coral. Just don't have time at the mo.

Great camera shots. Good to see more nano tanks appearing. I've swapped to the Aquamedic skimmer and it's doing a really good job.

Are the shrimps behaving? I hear they don't usually get along. Could be wrong.