Poll on replying to aquarium forum threads

CirolanidHunter

Of the threads that you read, what percentage do you actually post a reply  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Of the threads that you read, what percentage do you actually post a reply

• 0-15%
    • 16-30%
    • 31-45%
    • 61-75%
    • 76-90%
    • 91%+

Hello all,

My name is Brian and I'm writing to you from Houston, TX USA. I have been a SW hobbyist for 4 years. I'm interested in how aquarium clubs function on-line. Is this website considered the main SW aquarium website for New Zealand?

I wanted to post a poll on here, but I do not see an option to do that. I'm doing a little informal research and wanted to ask the following question:

Of the threads that you read, what percentage do you actually post a reply? (Please don't count lounge/off topic or buy/sell/trade forums).

0-15%

16-30%

31-45%

46-60%

61-75%

76-90%

91%+

If you see this poll on another reef website, please do not answer again.

Feel free to add a comment on WHY you reply to the percentage you do (Some examples why would be: like to help, don't know information, not interested in replying).

Cheers!

Brian

[mod=cees]I have added a poll[/mod]

This isn't actually a SW site. It covers all aspects of fishkeeping. SW is only one thread of it. Having said that, it is possibly the only NZ site with SW in it (I may be wrong though).

As a Mod I would respond to 76 - 90% in all but the SW thread as I do not keep marines. :wink:

Isnt asking people to post about their posting habits probably gonna give you rather one sided data? :D

Actually it will, but it will still lead to some interesting results and discussions :) I've already seen some differences across boards.

It is OK if this board is for all aquariums, this is more of an informal study of aquarium forums. I guess I could have put it in another forum other than SW, but since every other poll was in a SW forum, I thought it would be best to post in SW here.

Thanks for your responses everyone, keep them coming!

Brian

It would pay to put it in a freshwater forum too as many of the freshies don't read the SW

they will when they find out some of the threads are like a version of Macbeth and Romeo and Juliet crossed with Coronation Street.... :o :lol: