What filter to use?

Tsarmina

I have a 300l tank for raising guppy fry. It is heavily planted, has sand as a media and I use a small electric sponge filter,mainly to stop the temperature layering. I have never cleaned the filter or sand for 9 months and have no problems so far. I feed live food almost exclusively and I think that helps. I do a 30% water change about every 3 weeks.

I use a small electric sponge filter,mainly to stop the temperature layering. I have never cleaned the filter or sand for 9 months and have no problems so far. I feed live food almost exclusively and I think that helps. I do a 30% water change about every 3 weeks.

what type of filter is it??

Hey Wok, can you stuff something in the AquaClear to get the water really clear? (is this called polishing?)

When my carbon gets the biff in a few weeks, apart from more noodles, what else could I put in there?

Sorry Tsarmina - hijacking your thread here a bit..

An AquaClear 30 will filter a tank up to 113 litres, this is a HOB filter, you can get them off TradeMe for under $50.00 (look at the Aquaclear 20 auction, details there)