CHECK OUT TV3 TONIGHT- between 10.30-11pm

reef

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brianemone wrote:

Mate what planet are you on? That is a truly impressive tank.

Get a life.

ummm still on earth, i didnt realise that my opinion was something subject to interpretation by you????

there are far better tanks around, sure his might be big and he has lots of corals and fish, but that doesnt impress me.

for example the TOTM on RC this month, is only 750x750x600, and it is a jawdropper, when i look at the full tank shot i think OMG that thing is incredible. inspiring to say the least.

but again that is only my opinion and i dont need anyone to justify the way i think

but again that is only my opinion and i dont need anyone to justify the way i think

And your opinion does not really mean much so I would not have even posted it. People like you make me sick as I have seen your tank pictures and it is a real joke.

I bet you aren’t even successful in your life so you have to take people down to your level so you feel better for your inadequacy.

The Hobby does not get much exposure so why not make the most of it,

Idiots like you don’t help anyone.

i feel somewhat confused at your hostility

i am not saying my tank is better, to the contrary my tank is not even fully set up yet.

i am also a little bewildered as to what my personal life has to do with this?? i am not putting down reefs tank im only saying that in my opinion its not that impressive.

ive seen other reef tanks in aucland that i like far better. but like you said my opinion isnt worth anything and im only trying to bring people down to my own level

i hope the moderators take note of your attitude and take the appropriate action.

come on guys ,no need to get your knickers in a twist,Firstly they're only fish and secondly im sure you all have wonderful tanks,corals and fish so you don't need to worry about if it wasn't that impressive or whatever your wanting to say it's not really a needed comment sure it's an opinon and you proberly have the right to say it but is it needed we're not trying to out do each other and negative comments don't help,in my opinon i thought the thing on reefers was cool the tank looked awesome,but also i think that anyone who can keep saltwater fish is an absolute legend and their tanks are all better than anything i could ever do.basicly my point was no need to create un needed anger you should instead be happy that the hobby has got more exposure.

Brian the programme did not even display half my tank so I can’t see how you can form opinion.

As mentioned why even bother posting with your negative attitude.

I have evidence that is a great tank based that it got the best tank for 2005 rate my tank and that it made the PKF magazine tanks of the world.

No other tank in NZ has done that.

So I would get some facts than month off as your opinion does not really matter based on your limited knowledge.

Again you spoil a thread because of your tall poppy syndrome attitude.

Easy to say something without having anecdotal evidence to support what you are saying.

ive seen your tank more than once and im simply saying its not my cup of tea.

your corals/fish equipment is all very nice but the execution is not how i would do it, and as layton said its subjective. why would you build a tank in your house that i like but you dont????

the answer is you wouldnt. you build the one you like.

nothing to do with tall poppies.

I might have guessed you lot couldn't keep civil tongues in your head. Good grief! It was just a short item on a marine tank. I enjoyed it but would have liked to see more of the reef in the tank than the reef outside it (no offence reef :D ). Very hard to tell what a tank really looks like from a short piece like that and photos and film never do the real thing justice. I thought it looked good but know nothing about marine tanks so only know what I like, not what one is supposed to look like.

Any TV exposure like that must be good for the hobby in general.

I think Brian you could have worded your comment a little differently - for example I personally dont like Alois' aquascaping/layout - its too much like mine - just a wall of rocks :lol: However in terms of effort put in, colour in corals and selection of fish its awesome. Just to say its "not impressive" is a generalisation that does not do it justice.

I think its great to see exposure of reef keeping on TV to get more interested in the hobby. A short but worthy article. It would be awesome to see more like this in the future.

People pay thousands for 15-20 secs of TV advertising. Reef did very well to get as much airtime as he did especially with the previews. One thing I know about the media, they all want to get their own spin on something no matter how much you try to steer them in what you think the 'right' direction might be. The media like interest stories, not facts (especially in the slot it had). They are more likely to focus on quirks outside of the tank than nice fishies and stuff inside the tank. Reef did a great job of giving them both! :)

'Guerrilla' marketing is one of the cheapest but most effective forms that there is. The hobby got marketed, it was only only us that even knew that it was even Reef!