New Member Yay!

malawi_man

Hi

Just enjoyed alans superb talk at the waikato aquarium society meeting in hamilton last night. I joined nzka and came home with a pair of Aphyosemion Scheeli and 8 Gold Lineatus Fry. Ok so now i'm hooked lol. looking at setting up a killie tank stand. Are most killies ok at 18-22degrees celcius because thats what temp my fish room is so would i need heaters. Does anyone have killie eggs for sale?? pm me if you do.

Also any infomation on killies would be helpful.

Thanx in advance :bounce: :bow:

Daniel

Hi Krib,

first off congratulations on joining us.

I've been keeping fish since I was a teenager - killies the last 10 years - NZKA the last 8. i'm now late 30's.

Although breeding killies are not that hard when you know the why, keeping a strain going year after year after ... that is the difficult bit.

Second, YOU MUST BE CARFULL what you ask for.

I could talk killifish all day :lol: :oops:

Third, there are a lot of killies we have that will be very happy at thou's temp's.

just a note for you that I have observed:- the lineatus are best breed at mid 20's.

If breed at low 20's you will get very few if any females and at high 20's you will get very few if any males.

Oh, yes I do have eggs of Nothobranchius species available.pm me if your interested.

At the temp's you have your fish room I would recommend Nothobranchius korthausae yellow/brown(also known as red strain) and N. korthausae yellow strain, the other Nothobranchius are hatched at 18C but better kept/breed around 24C.

GOOD LUCK

• 1 month later...

YAY!! As of today I deposited my money and returned forms yesterday to join the NZKA :D

Soo looking forward to dealing with all you killie fans out there. I don't have any killies as of yet but working on it lol. I even have a tank setup and waiting for them haha. Just got to take out the filter thats in there and put in a softer flowing sponge filter :D which I hope to be this weekend :D

Cheers

:D

:bounce: