Hi from Texan Transplant

Damiana

Hi all, I've been lurking for a few days and thought I'd join the crowd.

I'm originally Texan, but have been living here for several years and am married to a Kiwi with a 2 year old son. I love it in NZ, but I had to leave all my tanks behind. So I'm starting fresh as my wonderful husband has just gotten me a 200L for my birthday. :) Yay!

I can't wait to meet all of you!

Hi :P

Welcome to this great site...as you have been reading, you'll know that the people here are truly fantastic!

Happy belated birthday...and WOW...wish somebody would buy me a 200L tank...or a husband...jk...not about the tank :lol:

Have fun,

Caper

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definately enjoying the forum.

Yeah, my husband is a real sweetheart. I left several tanks behind, including my first planted one (125 US gallons, it was a biggie). He knows how sick I was over the loss, and now that we're in our new house and our baby is a bit older its the perfect time. :D

I'm going to try for a blackwater Amazon river biotope...w/ dwarf cichlids (2 breeding groups, considering Blue Rams and Cockatoos), cardinal tetras, corys, and maybe some hatchetfish. Darn things are expensive here, though! Thinking swords, vals, java ferns, etc.... various plants local to the area. And lots of driftwood, of course. (sorry, quivering a bit with anticipation!)

I'm really excited about seriously getting into this. I've been keeping fish for 20 years now in some capacity or another, but adding the aquascaping and the biotope element should make it a bit more challenging.

Must zoom off to see if the water has cleared...! :D

-Jenn/Dami