Perfect Snail

slash

new to snails, did a search .. hmm

Just wondering If there is a snail out there that will show me when water change is needed!

Like say they stay mid and in water if fine, but leave out of water if unsuitable for fish as well. Would like to have one only thou, dont wont it to multiply and such, what you guys think is the best one?

Note i also have a catfish in my tank :o

Thanks

LOL Ira :lol:

I have sometimes thought about snails but am put off by their reputation for multiplication (how did they get so good at maths?).

I believe apple snails are easier to control in this regard as they need a male and a female to mate and lay their eggs above the waterline. I can't remember if they eat plants though.

Someone that actually has snails might be able to help!

MCT

Just to clear up any confusion,

Nitratii Testikiticus is not a real snail but a joke refering to the nitrate test kit which will help you to know when your tank's water needs changing.

I don't think there are any snails that can give you that information.

More water changes are better for your fish too. How often do you do a partial water change at the moment. It can be good to change the water on a regular schedule like 10-20% each week/fortnight but the frequency and amount of change will depend of how many fish you have, what kind they are, how much you feed them and in what size tank you keep them.

:)