Misnoma's tank thread

misnoma

Okies.. broke out the test kits at lunchtime, and got the following.

Salinity 1.026 (refractometer)

kH - 9.6

Ak - 3.43

Nitrate - 5

Nitrite - 0.05

Ammonia - <0.25 (undetectable)

Calcium - 370

Phosphates - 0.25

kH and Akilinity I'm going to do again after work, think I messed it up. All tests were using Salifert, will do pH as soon as I get a kit (I forgot when getting all the others lol).

looks good, have you thought of using something to elevate the rock off the sand bed to give some nice flow underneath??? those things that tm used might work

Not a bad idea actually.. might go have a look around bunnings in the weekend. Need to get some aqua-kneed-it from the Warehouse too so I can unleash the aquascaping power of the girlfriend on it :)

Retested some things at lunch

Nitrate - 4

Nitrite - 0.02

Ammonia - <0.25 (undetectable)

huzzah :)

Need to do the others tonight, I have some rowaphos at home, so after testing phosphates I will get some of that in the skimmer's media chamber and see how that runs.

Anyone want to pick me up a pH testkit? ;) (grr at girlfriend using car for work these days heh)

Hey Sorry to be a pain but can i ask a question about your Nitrite salifert test kit

my intrusctions say add 1 ml of water with the syringe

is it a typo because it didnt come with a syringe and does it mean 10mls as the plastic water container has a 10ml mark on it so that would make sense