October 3, 200521 yr comment_68288 tell mother nature to be nice to me then! i have noticed increased diatom and hair algae growth and a reduced coralline algae growth. cant blame anyone but myself (and mother nature ) - its just a PITA. here's hoping for a fine end of week Report
October 3, 200521 yr Author comment_68305 Mate...Im going as fast as I can....finished the cabinet and will be moving into the lounge tonight and tomorrow night.....still at least a couple of weeks before i need some more NSW....you may just thave to buy the salt this time. After that we can collect water together and have little beach parties!!! :lol: Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_68307 Where do you collect from? I could be keen for some beach party action 8) Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_68310 sweet as, if you need a lift with the cabinet on the weekend gimme a bell oops, did i say weekend? arhhh, you'll be done by then! how convenient nah but seriously, tonight or tomorrow if ya need a lift gimme a call. Report
October 3, 200521 yr Author comment_68312 Cheers chim....I got lots of beefy local piss drinking mates up and down the road! We'll have it done in a jiffy. Misnoma....I'm hoping to start collecting at Wenderholm...still got to see the access, but dont think it will be a problem...I have a 20 metre hose! Report
October 3, 200521 yr Author comment_68367 In the lounge... Now ive just got to get the leveling right.....Old house... :-? Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_68370 cool, beers at your house this weekend for tank warming party Report
October 3, 200521 yr Author comment_68373 still heaps of plumbing and mucking around to do........I better concentrate on work.......Damnnnn!!!! Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_68376 how are you going to hide all the plumbing/wires and the bottom of the tank. Report
October 3, 200521 yr Author comment_68424 The plumbing is right at the back with the wires. The Tv and stereo system will hide everything else. The granite will also hide everything. The bottom opf the tank along with the top will have timber skirting. Report
October 3, 200521 yr comment_68433 Heh.. with that setup somehow I don't see a lot of TV getting watched My tank is next to the TV and somehow I just keep ignoring the black box for the large widescreen next to it Report
October 4, 200521 yr Author comment_68503 Thats part of the plan!!...we hardly watch tv anyway!! Fay....Not really too worried...thats why I went for Granite. The Granite is 800 wide and the Tv is only 600. Granite is completely waterproof so will drip off the front and back..... If it leaks!! Report
October 4, 200521 yr comment_68506 water will also run along the under side of the granite and drip Report
October 4, 200521 yr comment_68510 so simply plan the tank so it doesnt leak, not rocket science Report
October 4, 200521 yr comment_68521 how much water are you expecting to hit the floor? i get next to none on the floor at the back of mine, and the water level is only 5mm from the top. no splashes, and evaporation is a given but not to a level to cause drips. most work is done in the sump room (apart from the obvious rearrangement of corals, feeding fish etc) Report
October 4, 200521 yr comment_68526 easy way of thinking about it, would you put your tv under the fish tank? Report
October 4, 200521 yr comment_68534 do they cover tvs that you put under a fish tank? bit like putting pot plants on the tv and watering them Report
October 4, 200521 yr Author comment_68577 I dont have an issue with it...I will be runnning a small bead of silicon under the lip of the granite to stop it.......I'm not worried. Granite is in place....looks amazing! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.