Brineshrimp

clarkeymaster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finaly got one baby male that looks like my 3/4 solid black/rich blue male with the big tail. I will go and get a pic of it :D

Out of the few fry that didn't get culled from my golden guppy are showing signs of having yellow tails. Its very hard to tell whos female and whos male in this lot as none of them seem to show a black spot so I guess I will just have to wait till they are older.

I am hoping that this attempt at the BBS will be more sucessfull than the last and I am also doing a little bit of an experiment.I have gone one set up with air flowing and the other just sitting with no air at all. So far both have got BBS swimming about and more hatching. Temp is sitting at 24-25*C with the bigger 15wt energy bulb.

Right going to get pic of my new male which I will put in the livebearers section :D

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Short answer YES

But best to cut down on the amount you hatch at a time

You don't have to feed them all at one time either.

Just take some out and feed during the day.

Make sure that you keep strong aeration on them tho while in the hatching or holding container.

I just use a straight line for bubbling them.

They are at their most nutritious at hatch time.

Alan 104

Well I thought that if I was to do enough and freeze it then I will be able to feed them the brine shrimp while the next lot are hatching out as it takes 2-3 days for me to hatch out a new lot and I noticed last time that when I took a little bit out and a little bit more the water started to go really smelly and off colour by the 5th day (from first setup) so to avoid this from happening again I thought it might be easier to just take them all out once hatched and freeze them but I just wanted to dbl check if this was suitable :D

cheers