New set up - the journey

thecap

Its been a while, but finally had the chance to redo my 200L fish tank and have converted it to a high tech set up. Moved all my other fish into another 200L that has been hanging in the garage.

Plan is to have a Iwagumi style with 40-50 Neon tetras and 10 Oto's.

Substrate - 5 kg JBL planting substrate 21 kg seachem fluorite black sand, random black rocks

Plants - Glossostigma Elatinoides, Dwarf hair grass and 3x Alternanthere Reineckii - roseafoila

Filter-  Aqua One 1200

Lighting - one 49w Aquq one plant glo

Co2- 2 bubbles per second

Ferts - NPK 20ml and seachem flourish 5 ml starting every 2 days

As per I get to excited to get going so after work I started, got it filled up and planted by about 2am. Lost a bit of contour in the process but I am happy with the result.

Will post up dates as it progresses and the troubles on the way to hopefully what I want :-)

IMG_0656.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

3 x 25% water changes and algae bloom under control 😅 so far this is a lot easier in a big tank. Also changed dosing to macro and micro every other day. Increased bubble count to 3 per second

New inhabitants are some red twisting worms...... if there were fish would be good food

A lot of pearling and pretty happy at the growth.

Added some filter media from my other tank to speed up the cylcling, will start to measure water parameters next week. Think I will trim the glosso this weekend..... closer to adding fish 🐠

IMG_0250.JPG

Great start!  Impressive growth with the glosso and I'm pleased that the rosefolia has taken off rather than just rotted out.  You'll end up with a great looking carpet once you trim and hopefully you will replant the trimmings.  Glosso is a popular plant and not everyone can grow it well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a busy few weeks away and having family looking after tank 😬 come back to a bit of an algae bloom. Almost back to normal. Glosso growing like crazy.... needed second trim. Finally added fish 13 neons and 10 Otto’s. 

Need to spend a bit of time at home to re adjust ferts😅...... maybe next month

Trimed the tops out of the AR as well, they had grown out of the water. Glosso pearling really well. 

Good to have fish finally

Now to sort the water clarity 🙂

IMG_0860.JPG