New koura tank

Fubu

20160625_235928.thumb.jpg.34dddd15127f3bHey guys just starting out I have a small 70 litre tank with two big red glories . My issue is tank temp even though I live in southland the temp is sitting at 19-20 pretty consistently.  Does drop to 18 now and again but would like to have it lower reliably.  I know the simply answer is a chiller but I'm wondering if I can run a sump through the wall outside and simply regulate the flow to hold temp?. Will it fluctuate too much with our cold weather snow frosts ect to keep things stable? Am I barking up the wrong tree. The idea is to get it going then add tanks to the sump system. Any feed back would be appreciated.  Also does anyone know what natives I can find in southland? If we have the freshwater shrimp I can get whitebait easy enough but don't know about the rest . Cheers .

Pumping out side will work. might take a bit a electronics to keep the temp stable though.

As for other fish:

• Gobiomorphus breviceps, Upland Bully
  • Gobiomorphus cotidianus, Common bully
  • Gobiomorphus gobioides, Giant bully
  • Gobiomorphus hubbsi, Bluegill bully
  • Gobiomorphus huttoni, Redfin bully
  • Cheimarrichthys fosteri, Torrentfish
  • The whitebait
  • many of the non migratory Galaxiids (although most have very low numbers so not for keeping)

Awesome mate thanks I will carry on down that road went for a walk up some creeks tonight looking for a blue cray any fish I saw were to quick for me. Caught a bunch of green crawlies will see how they go some indoors some in my pond.

Sorry mate not up with the lingo but the plants are just oxyweed the shit floating around is snail poop mixed up in the water after I moved some stuff around. It looks worse because of the flash

20160628_210615.thumb.jpg.961ee7dfa5cbdaSo one of my wild guys has developed some mould like stuff on his pincers what's the plan of attack? Do I get rid of her or is it treatable?  Have I done something to cause this. None of the others have it and evert hinges 3lse seems good?.

When you touch it does it come off or does stay firmly attached?

It looks to me like it could be a type of algae or something similar rather than a fungus.  As long as it's not white near the joints etc it shouldn't be anything to worry about. I'd say there wouldn't be much you can do to remove it if it is a type of hair algae but it wouldn't be doing any your crayfish harm it just looks awful to us. Crayfish sometimes do get things growing on them naturally in the wild.

I have no idea what it is, but I agree about it likely not being  threatening. A fungal infection would be white and appear on or near an injury. This seems to just be growing across the carapace. 

It should come off with the kouras next moult.

thnk guys yeah he seems happy enough and has a good appetite.  Do I need to work to much about ph?. Also I read that they need calcium supplements what is the easiest way to do this. My Ultimate plan is to get the little buggers breeding and get an aquaponics setup going with them . I have to large outdoor ponds to utilize about 4 feet away from each other one is approx 2 feet higher than the other so was thinking of a pump to gravity type idea to use both ponds.