I sense a great disturbance in the hobby...

Devrens

They sure did Alan - some bounced back quicker than others, some didn't bounce back at all.  But to be sure, life will never be the same again down there.

Devrens, clear out/giving up  can be for so many reasons.  I am having a clear out too - because I need to make space for family returning home (house lots to be stored and because I am changing to marine.  Boy do I have some stuff to move :)  You kind of hope that anyone stopping doesn't get rid of absolutely everything because chances are one day they may return to the hobby, and it wasn't just a spur of the moment decision on a bad day.

Edited by Adrienne

They sure did Alan - some bounced back quicker than others, some didn't bounce back at all.  But to be sure, life will never be the same again down there.

Devrens, clear out/giving up  can be for so many reasons.  I am having a clear out too - because I need to make space for family returning home (house lots to be stored and because I am changing to marine.  Boy do I have some stuff to move :)  You kind of hope that anyone stopping doesn't get rid of absolutely everything because chances are one day they may return to the hobby, and it wasn't just a spur of the moment decision on a bad day.

Oh definitely, I understand that guys. :)

We are about ready to bounce back but still may not have any fish for a bit. People sometimes think that the stress in Christchurch is about the possibility of aftershocks. EQC are experts at making sure you get your share in other ways. After we paid a heap to get the house painted after some weatherboards had to be removed to repair  part of the foundation and EQC only took responsibility for the weatherboards on two walls and allowed enough for a quick sand and a spray job. We put out thousands to get the whole place painted so it didn't look so stupid. The paint started blistering off in about 6 months and we have just completed a repaint at double the original cost. EQC have paid about one third of the repaint cost. The stress comes mainly from waiting 3 years for repairs then arguing for about the same time about the repairs. We are one of the many but are still grateful that we are not living in a garage or car like some still are.

• 3 weeks later...