Auckland Regional Council Pest Species

livingart

[attachment=0]animal pests.pdf[/attachment]If you live in the Auckland region then you need to know that it is against the Auckland Council bylaws to buy or sell Blue Tongues in the Auckland Council area.

This was an ARC by-law which has not yet been updated so according to the council still stands. They are pests.

https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/environment/what-we-do-to-help-environment/docsregionalpestmanagementstrategy/animal-pests.pdf

ARC animal-pests.pdf

I called up Auckland's head of biosecurity and he knew nothing of this by law.

Just interested in this - you actually got to talk to the person in charge of biosecurity in Auckland? Biosecurity for Auckland or for the country?

When I called a few months ago I was put through various places as no one section (including biosecurity) had any clue what i was talking about. Finally it was confirmed by a return call to me that the old by-law stood and I was also told that claiming ignorance was no excuse I wonder if that pertains to the person you talked to :)

Just interested in this - you actually got to talk to the person in charge of biosecurity in Auckland? Biosecurity for Auckland or for the country?

When I called a few months ago I was put through various places as no one section (including biosecurity) had any clue what i was talking about. Finally it was confirmed by a return call to me that the old by-law stood and I was also told that claiming ignorance was no excuse I wonder if that pertains to the person you talked to :)

Was the head of biosecurity for Auckland only. This was around a year ago. Would be nice to see an updated pest list rather then the old 2010 one that everyone always links back to...

Was the head of biosecurity for Auckland only. This was around a year ago. Would be nice to see an updated pest list rather then the old 2010 one that everyone always links back to...

Maybe because nothing has changed since 2010 they don't feel the need to update it.