Woundering

Benjansss

It's difficult to be sure with the complete lack of punctuation, but pretty sure that was meant to be a question. "Is there?" rather than a statement, "There is."

So there isn't a link to this wonderful list of identified species? !drool:

@ OP, NIWA has some excellent resources also. But the FNZAS list is likely to be one of the most (if not the most) comprehensive lists available for native aquatics.

Why would you leave out Nitella? I love those, they're super cute for an algae :D

I'm wanting to know what other native water plant groups other then these their are (made lists for these) ranunculus isoetes Crassula potamogeton lilaeopsis azolla lemma ricciocarpos myriophyllum fissiden leocharis bladderworts gratiola elateine limosella glossostigma pilularia lobelia callitriche

Isolepus trithuria tetrachondra brachyscome cardamine centrolepis lepilaena centella simulans

Amphibromus schizaea triglochin ruppia lepilaena zannichellia

I'm wanting to know what other native water plant groups other then these their are (made lists for these) ranunculus isoetes Crassula potamogeton lilaeopsis azolla lemma ricciocarpos myriophyllum fissiden leocharis bladderworts gratiola elateine limosella glossostigma pilularia lobelia callitriche

Isolepus trithuria tetrachondra brachyscome cardamine centrolepis lepilaena centella simulans

Amphibromus schizaea triglochin ruppia lepilaena zannichellia

It really depends of your definition of an 'aquatic or semi aquatic plant'. There are a huge number of species that grow in seasonally wet or ephemeral environments. Some of these will grow fine when submerged full-time, others will eventually die off.

There are also a lot of very large plants that grow in wet conditions but these are totally unsuitable for aquaria and any smaller ponds, would you want these included? (Typha orientalis, Beaumea articulata, Juncus pallidus etc, etc)

Your current list is genus' only, some of these are large, and represented in New Zealand by introduced, native and endemic species. for example, you have listed Ranunculus, this genus is represented 50+ species in New Zealand, many are native, some are introduced, some are aquatic (such as R. amphitrichus) others grow in very dry conditions.

you're off to a good start though, although it's definitely lacking many species (off the top of my head: Potentilla anserinoides, Isachine globosa, Wolffia australiana, Sparganium subglobosum).

I would suggest searching for each genus on the New Zealand Plant Conservation website. Looking through which ones are native and if you would really consider them aquatic or semi-aquatic.

http://www.nzpcn.org.nz/