Just wondering...

David R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

!drool: Cactus plecs are definitely on my wanted list when we get a big tank...

If it still counts... I have a poor collection, but have the 5 female rios (ugh), various BNs, 1 royal whiptail male (lost my other about a week ago), 4-5 sterbai cory (same random deaths as the whiptail), 3 red whiptails (2 female, 1 male), 5 hoplos, 8+ peppered cories, a banjo cat and 7 hara cats :nilly:

!drool: Cactus plecs are definitely on my wanted list when we get a big tank...

If it still counts... I have a poor collection, but have the 5 female rios (ugh), various BNs, 1 royal whiptail male (lost my other about a week ago), 4-5 sterbai cory (same random deaths as the whiptail), 3 red whiptails (2 female, 1 male), 5 hoplos, 8+ peppered cories, a banjo cat and 7 hara cats :nilly:

That's a nice selection of catfish with several cool species. Shame about getting 5 female rios and not a single male.

Yeah 6 different fish. They squabble plenty and have a pecking order - the big male at the bottom rules the roost. At least one of the females usually looks gravid. Hopefully they'll breed at some stage. I have recently been given a custom made German cave so fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
I picked up two 'BN' at about 1.5cm from my LFS but am pretty sure they are not. They are somewhere in my 5ft so if I see them again I will try and get a photo.

Be interesting to see them if they aren't. But they're probably ID'd correctly, being such a common species.

Thats my pick Alex :) I had 'rios' before - the first lot to arrive in the country and before they were called Rios. There was so much debate at the time as to whether they were actually that fish, it was pretty unbelievable and I think there is a fairly detailed thread somewhere on here.