kiwiraka Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 I couldn't decide whether this should go here or in technical.... Anyway, I would like to try some different scaping ideas for an aquarium to see how my ideas can fit together, but since I don't have the tank yet (and might not for awhile :ton: ) So does anyone know of free, easy to use designing software suitable for aquarium sketches/designs (for windows) Thanks Quote
blueether Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 I use blender and povray when I play with 3d (in linux) Quote
kinnadian Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 Yeah sketchup is quite good and easy to use, and free. You can download models off the net, eg pumps or rocks, and modify them as necessary. Quote
Li@m Posted September 11, 2014 Report Posted September 11, 2014 Sketchup would be best for you, I use a variety of cad/rendering programmes but you really have to take courses to full understand how to use them. Quote
kiwiraka Posted September 11, 2014 Author Report Posted September 11, 2014 Lol I think I'll try sketch up :gopo: Quote
Dropped Posted September 30, 2014 Report Posted September 30, 2014 Yip sketchup rocks! way easier than other applications Quote
figalopre Posted November 3, 2025 Report Posted November 3, 2025 I totally get what you mean — finding free and user-friendly design tools for aquarium layouts can be surprisingly hard. Most generic 3D software feels overkill for simple scaping ideas. Sometimes, the best option is to look for garden or interior layout apps and adapt them. And in a broader sense, hire artificial intelligence developers when you need custom solutions for your business needs, because off-the-shelf software rarely fits 100% of your workflow and tailored tools can give you a real competitive edge. Quote
maxxi1 Posted November 10, 2025 Report Posted November 10, 2025 On 11/4/2025 at 9:30 AM, figalopre said: I totally get what you mean — finding free and user-friendly design tools for aquarium layouts can be surprisingly hard. Most generic 3D software feels overkill for simple scaping ideas. To note you've replied to a thread thats 11 years old. Quote
Caryl Posted November 28, 2025 Report Posted November 28, 2025 True maxxi1 but there may still be people asking the same question and the answers will be different now, especially with AI. Has anyone tried designing an aquarium using AI and what sort of results did they get? Quote
peter22 Posted December 8, 2025 Report Posted December 8, 2025 AI can be very useful for visual brainstorming, conceptual sketches, and coming up with creative or even “fantasy” aquarium layouts. Caryl 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.