September 10, 201412 yr comment_554199 I couldn't decide whether this should go here or in technical.... Anyway, I would like to try some different scaping ideas for an aquarium to see how my ideas can fit together, but since I don't have the tank yet (and might not for awhile :ton: ) So does anyone know of free, easy to use designing software suitable for aquarium sketches/designs (for windows) Thanks Report
September 10, 201412 yr comment_554206 I use blender and povray when I play with 3d (in linux) Report
September 10, 201412 yr comment_554216 Yeah sketchup is quite good and easy to use, and free. You can download models off the net, eg pumps or rocks, and modify them as necessary. Report
September 11, 201412 yr comment_554220 Sketchup would be best for you, I use a variety of cad/rendering programmes but you really have to take courses to full understand how to use them. Report
November 3, 2025Nov 3 comment_591621 I totally get what you mean — finding free and user-friendly design tools for aquarium layouts can be surprisingly hard. Most generic 3D software feels overkill for simple scaping ideas. Sometimes, the best option is to look for garden or interior layout apps and adapt them. And in a broader sense, hire artificial intelligence developers when you need custom solutions for your business needs, because off-the-shelf software rarely fits 100% of your workflow and tailored tools can give you a real competitive edge. Report
November 10, 2025Nov 10 comment_591667 On 11/4/2025 at 9:30 AM, figalopre said: I totally get what you mean — finding free and user-friendly design tools for aquarium layouts can be surprisingly hard. Most generic 3D software feels overkill for simple scaping ideas. To note you've replied to a thread thats 11 years old. Report
November 28, 2025Nov 28 comment_591928 True maxxi1 but there may still be people asking the same question and the answers will be different now, especially with AI. Has anyone tried designing an aquarium using AI and what sort of results did they get? Report
December 8, 2025Dec 8 comment_592019 AI can be very useful for visual brainstorming, conceptual sketches, and coming up with creative or even “fantasy” aquarium layouts. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.