July 8, 201412 yr comment_552340 I constantly get brown sludge build up in my filter... Does anyone know why and how to get rid of it? :f77: Report
July 8, 201412 yr comment_552341 Welcome, A bit more info on type of filter, tank setup, livestock and feeding regime will help. It could be a sign of overstocking or over feeding. Report
July 8, 201412 yr comment_552344 I constantly get brown sludge build up in my filter... Does anyone know why and how to get rid of it? :f77: You get rid of it by rinsing the sponges and media occasionally. :slfg: Report
July 8, 201412 yr Author comment_552345 I have an Aquaone EcoStlye 47 with the filter it came with. Its a well planted tank and I have a few fish. 5 x guppies. 3 x mollies. 3 x bettas. 2 x plecos. 2 x cockatoo cichlids. :f77: Report
July 8, 201412 yr Author comment_552346 And I only feed them in the morning. They always eat all the food I give them. Report
July 8, 201412 yr comment_552347 It means your filter is working. When you get too much sludge, give the sponges a light rinse in used tank water then put back in the filter. If you have more than one sponge, only rinse one at a time so you don't destroy all the good bacteria that is living in the sludge. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.