June 28, 201412 yr comment_551889 What do you use to put backing on your tanks? I know there is a glue available but wondering if there is a better way. Before someone asks, no I do not want to paint the back of my new tank. Thanks Report
June 28, 201412 yr comment_551892 What is the backing paper made out of? Cooking oil works great and is easy to get any bubbles out of and makes it easy to change/remove. Report
June 28, 201412 yr Author comment_551914 I used oil. I never realised how oil stuck! It took me about 2 hours to fit it properly but it looks good. Report
June 29, 201412 yr comment_551934 An interesting idea. I would expect the oil to make the backing slide off but obviously not! :thup: Report
June 29, 201412 yr Author comment_551940 Hope you're talking about Caryl Godly. :rolfl: Overnight an air pocket formed, right int he middle of the tank. With the tank full it took a considerable amount of squishing my arm down the back of the tank to make it dissipate enough to not be seen. Report
June 29, 201412 yr comment_551949 Hope you're talking about Caryl Godly. :rolfl: Overnight an air pocket formed, right int he middle of the tank. With the tank full it took a considerable amount of squishing my arm down the back of the tank to make it dissipate enough to not be seen. Are you able to prick a pinhole on the bubble to let the air out? Might be easier. Report
June 29, 201412 yr Author comment_551954 Giving it a couple of days - the bubble seems to have disappeared during the day but it may just be the lighting. Needle will be the next option. Report
August 10, 201412 yr comment_553276 I purchased some black contact and as I have an Aqua one 980 it has plastic trim on the back.So I cut to shape to suit the black trim,pulled it snug and tight and sticky taped the edges of the contact to the trim.I did not remove the backing to expose the sticky contact.Simple matter of taking sticky tape off to remove if needed. Report
August 10, 201412 yr comment_553279 Vinyl wrap works well. So does plasti-dip - you paint it on but you can peel it off any time. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.