Hi all im back

gamefreek101

Hi all im back after a few years out of the game with a new project.I have invested in a Juwel 450L bowfront and would love to give marine fish keeping a go. I admittedly don't know a lot but would love to learn as i go so any help would be appreciated.as it stands i have the juwel 450l tank,stand,Bioflow 3.0 filter system and heater,30kg of coral rock, 30kg of coral sand,JUWEL High-Lite T5 lighting system with x4 bulbs,Aqua one protein skimmer g224. what else do i need to start off ? pictures of progress are to come .

Welcome back

I've been gathering items for a marine tank also.

What are you going to do for saltwater? Unless you know someone with an RO unit or are going to a beach to collect it you will need to invest in one as I believe Palmys water is suspect (according to various posts over the last year).

Other items - test kits, a good salt supply, barrel/s for water changes, pump for water changes. I am assuming tropical marine, if cold water probably a chiller.

Fair enough but why are you using canister filters? They're generally not used on marine tanks as they quickly become nitrate factories, unless you're planning on cleaning them every week? Also when people do run canisters on reef tanks they usually take out all the media and fill them with live rock rubble for the extra biological filtration. Your skimmer should pretty much be your only form of mechanical filtration that you will need.

i was going to take out everything and use sintered glass noodles and corel in the fx6s my aim is to have a clear tank with no crap floating around nice clean sant and happy fish if i need something as i'm new to this saltwater stuff feel free to tell me or make suggestions . thanks guys