Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RODI Water Storage

Featured Replies

Hi all.

Just wanting to know what you think.

I am looking at storing my RODI water in a 20L 'Jerry Can'. The type bulk spirits and the like come in.

It is white, opaque, not quite see through, but you can see the water level.

Would this be ok? I will have my RODI setup to it.

Does anyone have any ideas about mould growing or anything inside it?

Anything I should be concerned about?

Hi all.

Just wanting to know what you think.

I am looking at storing my RODI water in a 20L 'Jerry Can'. The type bulk spirits and the like come in.

It is white, opaque, not quite see through, but you can see the water level.

Would this be ok? I will have my RODI setup to it.

Does anyone have any ideas about mould growing or anything inside it?

Anything I should be concerned about?

Recently i was using one of those big 20l mitre ten buckets with a lid. Even with the lid on i was getting crud dirt inside somehow. I was storing mixed SW.

I used one of those camping water containers that you are talking about a few years ago with no issues.

This is a totally innocent question so no one bite please.

Why do people store RODI water if they have a unit?

Why not process the water when you need it?

It's too slow if you need to do an emergency water change or are changing quite a bit of water at a time. It usually takes 24 hours to dissolve and heat ASW.

This is a totally innocent question so no one bite please.

Why do people store RODI water if they have a unit?

Why not process the water when you need it?

Like Godly says, it's slow. My RO/DI would only produce in the region of 2-3 liters per hour, most on good mains pressure will do more though.

So then its mixed with salt, and stored in the event of an emergency at which time a heater is whacked in?

If thats the case I might need to invest in some containers like new aqua.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.