Is this a concern

morfin

Two weeks ago by blue diamond discus seemed to go off his food and started to stay behind the driftwood. One night I saw him rub against a plant twice - thinking flukes I dosed prazi three times over nine days. Treatment finished on Tuesday. Tonight across thirty mins saw three of them all "wipe their faces" across a leaf of a plant - all the same plant - actually all the same leaf. . Now is this flashing or something else and should I treat again or do something different. I haven't seen them do it during the day, just at night. All still beautiful in colour, fins are all up, nothing clamped, eyes bright red, all eating bar the diamond - who started eating during treatment but has gone off food again, and all fairly active. Diamond comes over for food but will often spit it out and then go back to the driftwood. Any ideas?

Nitrite and ammonia 0, nitrate between 5 and 10, ph is 7. Temp is 29 and stable. The diamond came out this morning and comes and goes this afternoon. Ate some blood worms but then spat them out and didn't eat tea tonight. The others are all active today with no flashing but have done the same as last night and three Are now just sitting in the water next to the heater. There has been noticeable change in grumpiness last couple of days and two of them are patrolling.

I have 6 discus, got them all at same time almost three months ago. We're all same size at te time, now two are probably 10cm body, 2 at 8cm, 2at6cm. Tonight diamond came out and all looked good, until the big pigeon did two rubs against a plant just as the light went out. They seem to only do it at night time between the first light going out and the second one (they are on different timers. 300l tank and mates are cories, rummies, bristle and harlequins. All other fish seem fine, although cories still do their weird unconscious thing at times as per my other older post

Have tested four times so far between 9.30 and now. Lights come on at 12 and 12.30. 7.2 for all readings. An update on behaviour - diamond has spent most of the day behind the driftwood. My big pigeon has been out most of the day but kind of just sitting in the water. Not seen any flashing from anyone. I put the live mossie larvae in and all ate them bar the diamond (could do but didn't see him). The big pigeon gobbled as did the others. Aggression does seem to have stepped up - the small pigeon is on full patrol and has done full on lip locking with the rosy a couple of times, the big pigeon also seems to extend his lips out a couple of times - what does that mean. A the moment big pigeon and diamond hiding, all others hanging out.

The only thing I can say is that the pH is a little high for discus. You have driftwood in your tank so how long has the tank been set up. I don't think thats the problem but discus guru will have more idea than anyone else I know.

It normally sits around 7 and tank has been set up for 5 months. The diamond just came out before and is hanging out. The PH does go up a little with a water change - I have been contemplating ageing the water to make it more stable. It comes out of the tap at 7.4. Part of the reason why I water change very three days is to help with ph stability. The water is very soft. Big pigeon did come out before and sort of flashed, but almost looked like he slapped the leaf.

That's what I was thinking too. They aren't breathing heavy at all really. There gills look quite relaxed. When I treated with prazi last week the diamond did start to come right. I wonder if I needed to treat for longer. I still have heaps so could treat again. First light just gone off so will see what happens as this is when it normally starts

Put prazi in and four of them starting flicking almost immediately. Like something was irritating the side of them. None look happy at the moment, but I'm hoping this works. Will treat longer this time perhaps :dunno: