How much is Anubias clump worth?

Caryl

If I sold the clump of Anubias in the centre of this tank shot

JAN2013_zps16646ea8.jpg

what do you think a fair price would be? (And don't say "Whatever someone is willing to pay for it" either thank you). It is probably about 15cm across by 10cm high (I am useless with estimating sizes but it is a 4ft tank.)

Selling some of this would be a good way to raise funds for the Hospice tank. Last time I looked in the shops they were selling small pieces of Anubias for $10 - $15.

There is some on TM and its got about 5 leaves and a 40cm stem at 8.00 ,so the clump in the middle is easily worth +50.00 and as its going to the hospice you should/might be able to get more . Also Anubias is hard to get hold off .

Some people would prefer to support a place like the hospice rather than buying from a commercial business.

Gill

• 2 weeks later...

It started with a small piece out of my own tank. Some have attached to the gravel and the others to logs or ceramics. I have sold one clump and a couple of pieces and also have some more angels coming next week, kindly donated, so the hospice is going to be thrilled with the addition of new fish and the cash from selling some plants. :dnc1: :happy1:

The ones in my tank are only half the size of these! :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

The central clump was sold for $80. Overall I made $125 for the hospice and they were very pleased. The majority of the plants are still there of course.

I was also given 3 angels with another lot coming from Wellington next week :happy2:

Many thanks to those who bought plants or donated fish :love:

The central clump was sold for $80. Overall I made $125 for the hospice and they were very pleased. The majority of the plants are still there of course.

I was also given 3 angels with another lot coming from Wellington next week :happy2:

Many thanks to those who bought plants or donated fish :love:

Sounds pretty good :thup: Glad you got a good amount to them, and good on the hospice for growing such an awesome amount of plants!