Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Midget Platy

Featured Replies

I have a little girl that stopped growing when she got to about 1.5cm. She's about 3-4 months old now. She's orange with black tail and fins. Every other baby platy I've had would have been full grown by now and having babies of their own.

Is this common for a platy to stop growing? It would be cool if they were all this size. A lot less mess.

I have a little girl that stopped growing when she got to about 1.5cm. She's about 3-4 months old now. She's orange with black tail and fins. Every other baby platy I've had would have been full grown by now and having babies of their own.

Is this common for a platy to stop growing? It would be cool if they were all this size. A lot less mess.

Midget is considered offensive. The proper term is dwarf. :slfg:

  • Author
did she breed yet? sometimes lady fish stop growing after they first spawn/birth

No, she is still a baby (size wise) and there are no males. I got rid of them all to stop the population explosion.

She is perfectly formed but about 2/3 the size of the Neon Tetras. If anything her fins are a little long for her size, but not by much.

what are your nitrate readings, live bearers tend to get stunted growth in nitrates much above 20ppm

It's a heavily planted tank so usually all the Nitrates get used up and not much more than 0, however I did see them get to around 20 a month or so ago, so I stepped up the water changes. All her siblings grew up though. Just this one stayed small.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.