Storing snails

sharn

I got my Aunty to raid her pesticide free garden for snails and I have a whole heap now... What's the best way of storing them so that I can feed them out for more than a few days? Fridge? Container with some leafy/woody places? I have googled, but all info leads back to snails for human consumption or aquatic snails...

I saw a whole heap kept by keeping them outside in a poly box with a couple of small holes punched in it, the bottom was leaf litter and every week or so he chucked in a pile of greenery. the dude was using them for snail racing as a drinking contest, but im assuming the idea works as his "thoroughbred" lasted for several months of winning

:rolfl: the things some people get upto :facepalm: :nilly:

People spend millions building entire industries, buildings, arenas and lifetimes of breeding other racing animals just so they can have an excuse to get drunk and gamble. Using a commonly available animal for a smaller scale inexpensive version makes a lot of sense.