Cam's planted thread

camtang

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man. It was sold as some type of sword, guess that will be coming out as well.

Where are those plant profiles?

One of them was sold to me as marble queen, I can not remember which one. The other one I found randomly at a local shop. All she could tell me is that is was a sword. So no idea. I guess it will show its form as it gets older and more established.

I have heard about your tank buster but I have never seen another anywhere near that large and I had them for a couple of years. Are you dropping growth hormones in there?

lol no - it has slowed a little as no ferts added for a couple of weeks. In another 10 days I will start back with dosing every 2nd day.

Cam horemani is the tank buster I have, the one you were studying when you were here :)

!drool: :thup: Sweet, that was such a cool plant. Hopfully mine will get have as awesome as your one.

I have now found the plant search section of this website, hopfully I will stop harrasing as many people about ID and what plant can do what.

• 2 weeks later...

So as I am a muppet, I have tryed to work out/modify EI doesing.

Currently I am doesing daily

Potassium phosphate: 1/2 tsp

Magnesium sulphate: 3 tbl spoons

Calcium chloride: 3 tbl spoon

Iron chelate 1tsp

Aquatic mix 1 heaped tsp

Doing a 50% wc weekly.

The plants seem to be going crazy and loving the enviroment,is there any harm in doesing these quantitys like this? Will it harm the fish in the long run or is all well and dandy? I have a bit of green spot going on the front glass, but I think that is partly due to sunlight coming in through the spare room window. (door shut problem fixed)

I also have ptassium nitrate but am checking nitrate daily and it seems to be currently stable with a reading.

Any thoughts on this plan please?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Last night they were a bit skiterish under the halide. As soon as the light was of they were active as together, same thing this morning. So hopfully a couple of days of the halide and they will be tight all the time.

Already considering adding another 60 or so after xmas. Will just have to wait until I get some Discus and see how well they fill the tank before I make that decsion.

Thanks. Last night they were a bit skiterish under the halide. As soon as the light was of they were active as together, same thing this morning. So hopfully a couple of days of the halide and they will be tight all the time.

My Embers still do this several months later. But as the leaves on my lotus get larger and taller they have more space to move about in, while still basking in the shade the big leaves give them. I guess they just don't like the light too bright. They only come out from under the leaves at feeding time, or when the light is off.