Cam's planted thread

camtang

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/threads ... runk.4062/

At around the 1.20 mark you get a good idea of the colour above the water.

I have a sand that I have used in my African tanks before, its a similar colour and I think it is a good grain size for plants. But would like to find something with some ferts in it of a similar colour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scape update.

DSC01032_zpsec0827d8.jpg

DSC01033_zps364b87da.jpg

The frnt left will have dwarf chain or mirco sword( I forget the name), back left behing big wood will be a red lotus, along the back wall one or two amazon sword, between the wood in the middle osiris sword and in front of the inlet chamber one or two marble swords.

I am not 100% on the swords that I currently have, but will get some ID happening at planting time.

I have the filtration issues sorted out, just waiting to free up some money to buy some Poret from Greg.

I was working on the C02 and thought I had it sorted, but ended up breaking the unit. :facepalm: :facepalm: So back to the drawing board to start again for this.

Thanks guys! Slight issue, from my viewing chair I can't see the inside of wood, so I hope the plants make up for it. I think if I move it I won't be able to get the same look again.

I just recently brought some and set up my sump, its great stuff.

Agreed, I got some a couple months ago for my Tang and Pleco tank, it does a great job

I agree with Amtiskaw, though I do use one of them on my smaller tanks Cam. The only issue I have with an inline diffuser is the restricted sizes, all fine if you're using a pump with the same size hose but if you are like me and are using a filter/pump that uses large return hoses you have to rig up some type of reducers to be able to plumb one in which causes a lot of reduced flow. Only issue I see with using one on a 750ltr is making sure the flow is enough to make the co2 reach all areas of your tank, and maybe if you don't like seeing your tank look like a bottle of highly carbonated lemonade lol.