July 12, 201313 yr comment_534046 Tonight for pudding we had the new Aunt Betty's Salted Caramel saucy centres pud. As an avid connisseur of ABs puddings, I was interested in this one... and not a bit disappointed. The pudding is more cakey than the usual saucy puds, and the caramel inside is thick and tasty. It doesn't seem salty-salty, it just isn't very sweet like their other sauces. You could pour custard or cream over if you like, or the cake is moist enough to have it without. I haven't tried the chocolate one yet but it would be hard to beat the yummy caramel in this one. YUMBO :bounce: !drool: Report
July 13, 201313 yr comment_534129 I don't like supermarket desserts - I've never had one that's tasted nice. The only dessert item I will buy is a tub of ice cream. Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536095 Tonights pudding and maybe the next night if any is left double mix of Butterscotch pie long to make, quick to !drool: eat Report
August 6, 201313 yr Author comment_536101 need a photo of the inside of the pud when you break into it and the recipe :spop: Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536111 I doubled everything up used empty coke bottle to seperate eggs Ingredients: Servings: 6-8 1/4 cup real butter 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed 4 tablespoons flour (fresh) 2 cups whole milk 3 large egg yolks, separate eggs (reserve whites for meringue topping) 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 1 pinch salt 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, prepared (baked and cooled) meringue SEE RECIPE BELOW 3 large egg whites (reserved from pie filling recipe) 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 6 tablespoons granulated sugar Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 350°. 2 Stir brown sugar and butter in a saucepan until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cook 2-3 minutes longer on low-medium heat, and then remove from fire. 3 Beat egg yolks. 4 In separate large bowl, mix flour with 1/2 of milk, until smooth. Then add beaten egg yolks and salt and mix well. Blend remaining milk with this mixture. 5 Add flour mixture to saucepan with sugar/butter mixture and cook on low/medium heat until thickened (anywhere from 30-45 minutes), stirring CONSTANTLY. 6 Remove from heat and blend in vanilla extract. Stir CONSTANTLY until well blended and slightly warm and then pour into a prepared (baked) 9" pie crust. 7 Top pie with meringue (recipe to follow). 8 After meringue is spread on top, Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden. Cool for 10-15 minutes. 9 MERINGUE: 3 egg whites (reserved from pie filling recipe), 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar, 6 tablespoons granulated sugar. 10 With a mixer, beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy peaks form and all sugar is dissolved. 11 Spread meringue over slightly warm filling, sealing to edge of crust. (Then bake and cool as directed above.). Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536181 I am tickled by the "real" butter and "fresh" flour. Can't say I have ever had flour go off. I have had it attacked by little critters once but not sure how you know if your flour has lost its freshness. I will be sure to try this recipe but, as I do with all American recipes, I will halve the sugar. Might also try the egg yolk trick just for the hell of it. Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536201 There is about 1/5th left of one of those large oven dishes left, it is nicer cold with vanilla icecream Report
August 7, 201313 yr Author comment_536207 !drool: !drool: !drool: hold that pie I'm getting in the car now Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536214 It is one those pies that when it starts to get nearer the end it creates saddeness as you are going to miss it when its gone &c:ry Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.