July 15, 201313 yr comment_534337 Good to see Poret filter foam featuring in some large tank build threads. Looking good. Fit for purpose :thup: Report
July 15, 201313 yr comment_534338 Where did you get the black hose from? Hose and all the fittings came from Waterworks Irrigation in Auckland Report
July 17, 201313 yr Author comment_534433 I get them from Valray in Halfmoon bay. You can find his listings for plants on Trademe. He has an amazing selection of plants. Although - he may have less now than he did last week. Report
July 17, 201313 yr comment_534510 Oh sweet, i'll definitelty give him a try. Does he have contact details outside of TradeMe? my account is in debt and I can't bid on anything haha. Report
July 19, 201313 yr Author comment_534657 I have attached a picture with numbers against all the plants and below is the list that maps to those numbers. Number Position Scientific Name 1 Echinodorus amazonicus 2 Limnophila sessiliflora 3 Rotala rotundifolia 4 Mayaca fluviatilis 5 Hygrophila corymbosa stricta 6 Hygrophila dafformis 7 Hygrophila corymbosa v. 'Angustifolia' 8 Microsorium pteropus narrow 9 Microsorium pteropus 10 Echinodorus tenellus 11 Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig' 12 Hygrophila polysperma 13 Heteranthera zosterifolia 14 Rotala sp "Colorata" 15 Cardamine lyrata 16 Hydrocotyle verticillata 17 Sagittaria subulata Report
July 22, 201313 yr Author comment_534941 I went into hff mt roskill today and managed to find 10 Otocinclus for my tank - they are the first inhabitants. I also added 4 small Blackline Flying Foxes .. - although we will see how long they are small for. This week I plan to add fish .. but we will see how we go for time. I will upload some new photos this week as well. It's amazing the progress in such a short amount of time. Next step is to get the auto top up system working for the tank. This requires running a line from the kitchen and setting up our storage tank - and drip system. I expect we will have that completed in the next few weeks. In the meantime - here are some pictures from last week. Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_535048 I like the last photo. Kind of like an enchanted trail of some sort... :cophot: Report
July 23, 201313 yr comment_535063 That is an amazing looking aquarium my friend. Hopefully one day I will be able to do one this good Report
July 24, 201313 yr Author comment_535182 thanks for all the nice comments stay tuned to hear about our auto top up system which we have designed. this very simple system will ensure I don't have to worry about water changes. In the meantime - here is a neat photo of the tank with some editing - to try and reduce the glare from the office lights and show the colour. + the original. Report
August 31, 201313 yr Author comment_537920 Well - everything has been going well. We have the auto water top up system working now. Fish are in the tank and everything seems good. Here is a picture. I am planning to do my first cut of plants tomorrow or next weekend. If anyone would like some plants for a reasonable price .. pm me. Anyway .. full size picture. Report
August 31, 201313 yr comment_537922 how did the oto's go, it's not often that you hear the words otocinclus and fist fish in the same sentence without problems Report
September 2, 201313 yr Author comment_538027 what substrate did u used ? I used black grit from Hollywood fish farm in Auckland. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.