Happy St George's Day

Sophia

To celebrate we are having toad in the hole with gravy and mushy peas and some Tetley's ale to wash it down. Bakewell tart for pud.

I will probably eat a spoon of mushy peas to please my husband but otherwise I feel a bit :sick: about them.

aaannndddd... most importantly, 31 July is St Neot's Day. He is apparently the patron saint of fish!

Perhaps we ought to hold a St Neot's Day competition and get members to post their fish related stuff on the day - be it baking (cooking fish or fish shaped goodies), art, craft etc.

aaannndddd... most importantly, 31 July is St Neot's Day. He is apparently the patron saint of fish!

Perhaps we ought to hold a St Neot's Day competition and get members to post their fish related stuff on the day - be it baking (cooking fish or fish shaped goodies), art, craft etc.

Cooooool idea! :bow: :thup:

do we win some of your baking? in the flesh, couriered to our homes, not just a picture of something you once ate :spop:

nope, he's kiwi born and bred :dnc1:

We picked Tetley's because it was English ale that we could buy by the tin rather than 6 at a time, we don't drink much.

I found it rather like cold tea, easy to drink but not especially tasty.