choosing fish help

tandemcartshrimp

I would say you definately need a few more minnows, or give away the one you have.

I have a sucker in a tank that size, all good, so long as there is plenty of hiding spots and foraging areas.

Just have to watch the stocking levels if you get more minnows aswell.

A tank that small with a good filter could get quite a bit of current going for a happy borneo sucker, I'd have at least 2. If it goes near a window you could get some fresh green algae in there for them to eat too.

what sort of filter is in there?

• 1 month later...
I was kinda hoping I may be able to get like a chineese algae eater, or a borneo sucker. what sort of sized tank would I need to get either of those?

IMO stay away from the chinese algae eater. My daughter has one in same model tank which I need to rehome as getting too big after only 4 months. Also aggressive towards her neons and her Betta.neons have signs of being attacked and one has disappeared..... :dnc1:

I had a Hexy Midi ( currently in storage) .. you could set the filter flow to full and take off the spout thingee (for more splash/current) and have a Borneo Sucker.. having the six sides means lots more glass surface for algae to grow for him too!

Let us know on what you decide.

I kept a betta and a small whiptail in mine.