hi from chch

salmonfisher

As to answering your question, what you can add depends on why you want fish in the pond. If you want to see them, then stick to goldfish. Pretty much every other fish suitable for a pond will be too hard to see in a pond situation.

That is very small. Only suitable for 1 goldfish, depending on shape and depth, and not a comet either.

You have to be very careful where you put small ponds as they can be subjected to extreme temps. They get too hot in summer and too cold in winter. If it is under wide eaves of the house, or under a good sized tree that will help.

In terms of stocking if you could tell us the exact dimensions of the pond it would help a bit (width, length and depth).

Other then that I like a large school of mountain minows in a pond, I think they look god and if you feed them lots they make a nice difference to the normal goldfish, but I am not sure if they would be suitable for an outside pond in Christchurch.