Trapped!

Caryl

Had some difficulty this morning. We added an extension to the garage. It only has 1 roller door (not automatic either) and no windows. We have had trouble with the door since it was installed as it only has 2 positions, all the way closed or all the way up. When it is all the way up you have to stand on tippy toes to reach it and it locks into position.

I went into this to get something out. On leaving, I stretched up to release the door and it came crashing down too quickly for me to grab and closed totally - and jammed - with me on the inside. There was no way I could open it! I was stuck alone, there is no power in the extension, and yelling didn't bring the neighbour to my aid (I doubt she could hear me). I was very grateful I had gone to the loo just before all this! I tried kicking SOS against the roller door, to no avail. I didn't have a mobile in my pocket either and it rather dark in there. I considered tooting the car horn but figured nobody would work out where the sound was coming from.

Thank goodness I knew Grant (who would normally have left for work by now) had only gone to pick up a parcel from the courier and fill the car with fuel before returning so I was able to stem my immediate panic after convincing myself I was not going to run out of oxygen in there :bggrn: :facepalm: .

Half an hour later, he finally got home and heard me yelling and kicking the door. Then discovered he couldn't open it either! It had jammed tight!!! :an!gry

After much banging and jemmying with a crowbar, he managed to free the door - and me!

I was so lucky I knew he was coming back as he could have been away until late at night, as usual. I think I will install a porta potty, my emergency Civil Defence supplies, a candle and a good book in there! Or just refuse to enter the garage again :-?

I have also called the garage door company to get them to fix the problem ASAP!!

I am now so upset, just remembering it, I think I will go in search of chocolate :dnc1: