Bristlenose hiding

randomsam1001

He is some where behind a piece of driftwood and hasn't found the real source of algae in the aquarium. why is this happening? He is not getting chased or scared by any of the other fish

Bristlenose, just like most similar bottom feeders, tend to hide most of the time.

thanks guys, that was really helpful. He is just new and I thought he could be getting stressed out. Still, he hasn't found the real source of algae in the tank and spends most of his time sucking a rock, piece of driftwood or the gravel. I'll try to see what he does at night..... it took 3-4 months for the cories to come out in daylight :slfg:

My BN's are very active and have devoured all of the brown algae in my tank but don't seem to touch the small specks of green at all even though it was surrounded by brown that they ate?

he hasn't touched any brown algae either???, watched him last night, he was more active but still didn't eat the algae

plain hard green algae. I also have a flying fox and he won't eat it either. :dunno:

Thats your job - you need a good hard scraper or pad to remove it. Nothing else will do it for you.

Brown algae a BN will eat and its possible that there is more in the tank than what you can actually see - it may be eating the stuff

Blackline flying fox/SAE will eat the new growth of black beard algae and nibble away at other green algaes. Bristlenose eat brown algae and green algae on the glass but not the hard green spots. If your bristlenose is sucking then it is eating.