Full Automatic Aquarium Monitor

Saxsena

• 4 weeks later...
I don't have a controller, I'm making my own like Saxsena did. I've seen quite a few pH probes that output in a serial format rather than just being a x mV/pH probe.

Saxsena, did you use one of these basic probes or one with some logic built in?

I used the basic probe

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have just done some more addition to the aquamonitor so thought to keep you in loop. I have added real time temp and pH graphing on web. Below is the link to the hosted page.

http://srjp.net/wordpress/?p=53

Let me know what else you would like to be added. The pH reading is not smooth right more because its not calibrated yet...its just running on prototype, but reading from my aquarium.

cheers

You should take one to Kelly Tarlton's, they were short staffed when we visited today, this sort of thing could save them a heap of time.

Plus they are owned by a company that has 20 something aquariums.

:thup:

I cant believe that a place that size doesn't have automatic water monitoring...

I can't believe that it'snot OS...

I would be more likely to buy a unit if it was OS, as it is not OS I would rather buy, build and program a Raspberry Pie.

This is a serous comment BTW

Hi, OS app has to go through apple process and I think you have to be registered paid developer to have the app on apple store. A work around is web interface to allow interaction from any device with internet access. I am next step is to create that for this...will post it here when done. I have not worked on Raspberry Pie...but I would like to play with one as so many talk about this Pie....so what language do you use to code raspberry pie.

• 9 months later...
Hi Friends

I have been working on a project making a aquarium monitoring system. Its complete and I thought I'd share it with you. Brief explanation of what the system do and its features.

Hi Sanjay,

This is a great project!!!

Sorry, I've hijacked this thread a little... I have no idea what your background is, but we're going to be hiring soon. If you're interested in a very casual "what do you do" catch-up, maybe you could email me at work please?

I stumbled across this thread when looking for fish tank controllers. I built one myself about 10 years ago to control lights and air-pump... and it's horribly out-dated, with the source code long since lost. When I saw the extent you'd gone to, and the fact that you actually completed and documented... well... Nice.

Anyway, we'll be looking for some embedded guys (electronics and software) in the next month or three. My work email is darcy [dot] williams at rexbionics [dot] com. I can't message you directly as I only just joined the forum. The company website, if you're interested is: http://www.rexbionics.com

Have you thought about having your PCB's prototyped? :)

Cheers

Darcy