March 17, 201313 yr comment_522751 Here is the recipe for those who liked the look of them in the "What's Up?" thread under Fun. LIMONCELLO CUPCAKES Cupcakes: 1 ½ C all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt 60g butter 60g cream cheese ½ - ¾ C sugar (original recipe uses 1 C but it is American and I always halve the sugar in their recipes. This time though, I used ¾C in case the lemon made them too tart) 3 large eggs 1 Tbs limoncello (a liqueur. Try using lemon essence if you don't have limoncello, but don't use that much. 1 - 2 tsp would probably do) ½ cup buttermilk ¼ C lemon juice zest of one lemon Beat softened butter & cream cheese. Add sugar & mix until light & fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the limoncello & beat until well mixed. Sift together flour, baking powder & salt. Alternately add flour & buttermilk to butter mixture. Mix in the lemon juice & lemon zest just until combined. Pour into prepared cupcake pans (approx 18) & bake 160°C for about 17 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Lemon curd filling: (or buy it ready-made) ½ cup lemon juice zest of two lemons ¼ C sugar 1 egg 1 egg yolk Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, & sugar of medium heat until boiling. Whisk egg & egg yolk. Whisk lemon mixture into eggs off the heat (to temper). Add all back to sauce pan & cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened. Cool completely. Use a melon baller (I just used a knife 'cos I don't have a melon baller) to scoop a hole into tops of cooled cupcakes. Fill with cooled lemon curd. Lemon buttercream icing: 60g butter 170g cream cheese 4 C icing sugar 2 Tbs limoncello Beat butter & cream cheese. Add limoncello & beat until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar until desired icing consistency is obtained. Ice filled cupcakes. Garnish with lemon slices, the bits you cut out, or lemon flavoured lollies. Report
March 17, 201313 yr comment_522753 Don't forget to drink the rest of the limoncello afterwards. Report
March 17, 201313 yr Author comment_522755 We don't drink alcohol. I made my own limoncello following a recipe I found online. I used a tiny wee bottle of vodka (like airlines have) and the rest of the limoncello is in the freezer. There ought to be enough for one more batch of cupcakes. Report
March 17, 201313 yr Author comment_522779 I'm afraid not LA as the icing does not cope with being thrown about by the couriers Report
March 17, 201313 yr Author comment_522784 I don't think they will last long enough to ship !drool: Report
March 19, 201313 yr Author comment_522945 I went to ship them but.... Someone had eaten them all!!!! :dnc1: Report
March 19, 201313 yr comment_522953 I went to ship them but.... Someone had eaten them all!!!! :dnc1: They'll be available slightly used in 12-14 hours. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.