Invercargill to chch with a BGK

Scarletmonuka

Right... Got a memeber in chch interested in my 30 cm BGK. we will be driving up there on the 20th of march.. roughly 7 and a half hours or so with having to stop for the young one. I think best option to transport would be container long enough for him to be straight in.. couple of heat packs and wrapped in blanket? or do i just chuck the container in a poly box with the heat packs and pack it with news paper. i do have a couple of massive bags here that had fish sent to me in but i do think that the container is the best way?

If the container is the best option whats the best way to put extra air into it? or is the size of it and volume of water with it gonna give him enough air for that period of time. I don't think the roads between here and chch are bad enough to worry about bumps along the way stressing him out to much as we live on gravel road and he's had to travel over pot holes to get to our place and did that without an issue.

cheers

The member is a bit concerned that a fish of this size might get too stressed out with the trip. i personally think it'll be fine but they are after some reasurrance... i'm not a boy racer so i see no reason for it to be too stressful as its a hardy fish.

So i will get a chilly bin to transport him in and will take a hot water bottle just in case.... (can fill that up at most servo's that sell coffee)

cheers

I would try to get large bags about the size of the chillie bin and half fill the bags with water and the rest with oxygen. You can then use heat packs if you want. Do not use heat packs without bags because they use oxygen to produce the heat. If you use bags tie up the corners so they do not become a trap and jam up the fish so it can't use its gills. as said previously, do not feed for two days as the waste will pollute the water. You can get oxygen from grandad or a mate with a gas welder.

are we talking a full size chillie bin here? the size that you full up with ice and chuck your beer in? or can i use the slightly smaller size?

I would try to get large bags about the size of the chillie bin and half fill the bags with water and the rest with oxygen. You can then use heat packs if you want. Do not use heat packs without bags because they use oxygen to produce the heat. If you use bags tie up the corners so they do not become a trap and jam up the fish so it can't use its gills. as said previously, do not feed for two days as the waste will pollute the water. You can get oxygen from grandad or a mate with a gas welder.

will the airline for my airstones not be suffient enough?