Leather won't extend !!!!

Duke

wouldnt worry about it too much, mine still alternate between being open and closed all the time. seems that when i try and get the conditions right for acro's (ie: higher calcium/kh) , the leathers arent happy. if i try and get conditions right for leathers (ie: lower calcium, moderate kh) then acro's aren't happy.

Hi ya Duke, hows the leather looking?

Mine sometimes does that, i've even got one that has reseaded due to the salt levels being to high (1.030) but now i've brought it back down to 1.025ish it's come back out and expanding again.

What do you use to check your salt levels?, i was using a glass Hydrometer for ages and didn't know my salt levels were way high until i purchased a refractometer, i'm not saying go out and bye one but if you know someone that has one get them to check your water as i've heard a lot of people down here in chch had level around the 1.030 mark when they tested their water with the refractometer.

Leathers are pritty hardy anyways.

Kermit