black swans, anyone else love them this much...

aotealotl

white swans are protected

there's a big difference between protected and absolute protection. Protected means you can shoot them in season, absolute protection means no hunting.

i thought they changed the rules a couple years ago to you being allowed to hunt white swans, i thought they are protected the same as black swans, duck & pukeko

this quote from an article 20/7/2010. According to that it seems you can shoot the white swans as well in some areas i expect. Each game area can have differing rules.

The maximum penalty for shooting absolutely protected wildlife was $100,000; however, since the April incident, white swans had been removed from the list, but were still subject to hunting restrictions, and from July 8 the maximum fine for shooting one out of season was $5000.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/ne ... r-farmhand

All this talk of eating swan makes me want to try it now! Who wants to hunt me one and send me some meat/the bird......

Interesting how two similar discussions render two very diffrent view points from people depending on there ideology.

I would have no problem eating 'what was in the other thread', and may have in asia - it was something and I don't know what it was, but considering where I was it probably was.