I suppose it's time to re-introduce myself ;)

Faran

Hey fishy friends,

Some of you may have known me in the past as "blueandkim". I was the president and re-animator of the Upper Hutt Fish Club, a member of the FNZAS Plant Committee and had other various roles when I was a full time discus, fancy plec and plant breeder and wholesaler. I turned in my fish gloves when I became a dad, but my princess has re-ignited my love for fish keeping and I hope you all don't mind if I re-join you as an older, mellower and much more grounded version of my previous self.

I'm now a second year student at Victoria University School of Architecture and Design, majoring in Building Science and specializing in Project Management. I plan on being only a fish keeper from now on, with no intentions (or time) to pursue it past being a very passionate hobby.

My first project will be to replace my t8 and t5 aquarium lighting with LEDs, which I have used in my Architecture projects and home with impressive results, which I look forward to applying in my aquarium. I don't like the idea of LED strips with exposed soldering in such a humid environment so will be sourcing a hood for this purpose. If anyone has any experience with this, please contact me.

That's about all for now, I hope that my return to the forums is a good experience for everyone and look forward to meeting all of the new faces here now, and catching up with some of the old ones I've known for so long now :)

Cheers!

Faran

Yeah good ol Vinny I haven't seen him since Bonnie had their kid. Tell him I say hi :-) Nice to meet you, let me know if I can help with anything!

Yeah I was his boss at the Hospital. He said you were a mountain of knowledge when it came to fish. I may from time to time ask some advice of you so thank you for you for your offer. I promise to not make a hassle of myself.

Look forward to chatting more sometime.

Duane :-)

• 1 month later...