Baby Bearded Sleeping Position - Is this normal???

Suraya

Tonight our baby bearded dragon went to sleep up against the glass (picture below) does this mean he was too hot when he went to sleep? Does it matter if he stays like this all night, will he have a sore tail from it being at this angle?

IMG_1704_zpsee082f64.jpg

Please tell me if I am being paranoid!

Thank you for your feedback! This is his favourite corner by the looks, I've put his food & water bowl there to try & encourage him to use them more (he did spend a while sitting in his water after that). He doesn't want to eat very much from the bowl at the moment, just some meal worms I offered to him, but the weekend is coming so I have more time to spend getting to know what he likes or dislikes.

Most likely flood the forum with silly questions.

what else besides mealworms are you feeding it?

So far I have tried carrot, plum, apple, basil & celery. The only thing he ate was a few little pieces of grated carrot off my finger when he first came home. He has only been at our place since Wednesday afternoon.

I was only able to get live meal worms yesterday but I'm looking into getting some other live things for him for a bit more variety.

I am a bit paranoid about crickets because they bite. I only feed them one at a time,watch them get eaten and remove any that are not. locusts are good because they just hang around till they get eaten. Wax moth larvae are ok now and again but you don't want them wandering about your house. Cicadas are good at the moment---got 70 yesterday--they would be a bit big for yours yet.

The shop I have got most of my reptile goods from in Auckland only had mealworms at the moment but I think they were getting some flies soon.

Are there any shops in Auckland that you know have a variety? I know I can order offline but it would be nice to pick some up this weekend.

The shop I have got most of my reptile goods from in Auckland only had mealworms at the moment but I think they were getting some flies soon.

Are there any shops in Auckland that you know have a variety? I know I can order offline but it would be nice to pick some up this weekend.

not much nutritional value in flies