Looking after friend's goldfish and one of them dies

Jaide

Do you...

a) try to find one identical and replace it sneakily

b) just tell her it died, after all - it will be going back to the fish bowl when she returns (and has been currently living in my tank with the other goldies in the meantime)

c) pretend nothing happened: "you only gave me one fish, what do you mean there was two?"

d) move

:cr7:

i can assure you, i imagined a lot of weird and rather gory stuff based on my attempts to translate that diagram....

I thought it meant I should make one - I'm just not that arty, she'll see through my stick-figure design of a fish unfortunately :sml2:

A. but instead of replacing with one fish, replace with two, one smaller than the other and happily exclaim that they were so happy in your care that they decided to have babies! :cofn:

Love it! :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I went with option b) - and she said that she thought it was looking poorly before she gave it to me - sitting down too much she reckoned, so guess I'm off the hook!

She has also suggested I take the remaining one as it would be cruel to put him back in the bowl - so looks like I now have 2.5 goldies and 1 paradise fish, all of them "saved" too :thup: