What are these?

GrahamC

Found these green spherical objects on my sponge filter in my angel tank ( 3 angels, unknown gender ). The main ones are the same size, but there are a few much smaller ones.

No one is guarding them.

There's a light green algae covering the sponge filter, and they look the same colour.

Eggs or something else?

angel-bubbles.JPG

I called the picture angel-bubbles, and they are reflective but hard to see how bubbles can form on the surface of a sponge filter which is negatively pressured.

Same way any bubbles form. And it's possible they were just floating around the tank and then got stuck to the filter.

I am resisting poking them!

Poke them. If they detach, float to the surface and pop, they're bubbles. Not exactly rocket science. :)

They're shrinking so I guess the gas is being absorbed. Perhaps the bubble is acting as a lens so that's why it appears to be green ... showing the underlying algae.

I tried ringing WINZ to ask them whom they would suggest for penetration testing .. but the line was busy.